Does Commercial Insurance Include Business Interruption?

It’s vital that you protect your business in Goldsboro, NC from disasters and liability. There’s nothing worse than a disaster happening that causes you to close your business for a few days, weeks, or even longer. If you have to vacate the premises, it’s identified as business interruption.

How does this help my business?

Commercial insurance varies dramatically. Wayne Realty & Insurance Co., Inc. is here to help you with your commercial insurance. Since not all policies are the same, we’ll make the comparisons for you. If you need more than what’s included, we can identify the necessary riders.

The average commercial insurance policy focuses on liability for you, your employees, and your customers that could enter your property. However, you can choose to add business interruption insurance to your policy.

With coverage for business interruption, you can be compensated for lost income when you have to vacate the property. This means that if there’s a flood, a fire, or something else that is preventing you from opening your doors, you would be covered. It can make it easier for you to stay financially afloat during a major disaster. Without the coverage, it could mean having to close your doors, possibly forever.

It’s always important to review what a policy does and doesn’t cover. You never want to make assumptions about what is included as it could end up costing you your business. If a disaster strikes, you want to be able to file a claim with confidence knowing that the insurance company will take care of you. The only thing you should pay out of pocket for is the deductible on your policy.

Contact one of our independent insurance agents at Wayne Realty & Insurance Co., Inc. to learn more about commercial insurance. We’ll show you how to get a policy that provides you with all of the coverage that your business needs in Goldsboro, NC.